Help us control the number of animals being born each day. Puppies and kittens are precious, cute, and cuddly…we love them as much as you do! But they are being put to sleep (euthanized) daily because the animal population is out of control. As many as 60 animals a day are being turned in to animal control.
The most important thing YOU can do is to make sure your pet(s) are spayed and neutered.
Every litter we rescue is from an 'accidental' pregnancy. Even though you may 'swear' an accident won't happen, it most likely will. Your male and/or female only needs to be out of your sight for 10 minutes. Please don't take a chance because your dogs and cats WILL reproduce.
Spay/neuter will not only prevent accidental pregnancies, but will make your dogs and cats healthier by eliminating the chance of diseases, such as prostate, testicular and uterine cancers.
Spay/neuter will also improve the personality of your pet. It can stop behavior problems like running away, marking, and mounting.
Help support Mostly Mutt’s “Stop Littering” campaign by educating everyone you know about the importance of spaying/neutering. There are many people who simply haven’t been told the importance of it, and how it can benefit their pet and our community. Contact us at email@example.com for more information or to request literature. Or, invite us to speak at your next school, club, church, or workplace event!
Dog Supply Donations
• Gift cards to PetSmart for food (we use specific food)
• Collars of all sizes (but especially 10”, 12” and 14”)
• Leashes of all sizes
• Paper towels
• Towels (Large beach towels, bath towels, hand towels, or washcloths)
• Dog beds (used are better)
• "Compressed" chew bones (instead of rawhides)
• Toys made for dogs
• Collapsible metal kennels
• Premium flea control items (Frontline, Advantage, Capstar, etc.)
• Prescription flea control items (Comfortis, etc.)
• Heartworm preventative (Heartgard, Sentinel, etc.)
We appreciate your thoughtfulness, but we do not need:
• Comforters (too difficult to wash)
• Dry foods (other than what we feed)
• Non-premium flea control items (Sergeants, Hartz, Adams, Bio Spot, etc.)
Do you have a special skill or talent that could benefit Mostly Mutts? If so, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know about it!
Examples of how you can help:
• If you are handy, we’d love your assistance with shelter repairs and special projects.
• If you are skilled at planning events, you could host a fundraiser.
• If you are good at public speaking/PR, you could help us with speaking engagements, advertising, or other public relations activities.
• If you know about video or music production, you could help us record a CD or movie.
• If you have computer skills, you could help us maintain our website.
We would appreciate any assistance that you could provide. The dogs would love it too!